We want to make sure that you always have the best time with Dot To Dot Festival, and get all the exciting updates that you want from us ahead of and after our awesome party. In order to keep you in the loop with everything we’re doing, from line-up announcements to set time releases, Early Bird tickets to FAQs, plus the hottest new artist recommendations that we think you’ll love, we keep some information about you in a few different ways…
Just in case you’re not aware, DHP Family’s divisions are:
- DHP Family – live music promoter masterminding all of these divisions
- alt. tickets – our ticketing platform, getting your tickets straight to your door.
- Rock City, Rescue Rooms, Stealth and The Bodega – our awesome Nottingham venues hosting us annually for D2D, as well as tonnes of other great gigs and clubnights.
- Splendour in Nottingham, Dot To Dot Festival, MIRRORS, Everywhere and Beat The Streets – well, you know who we are, but the rest are all the other incredible festivals that DHP Family puts on every year.
- Oslo Hackney and The Garage – more amazing venues! This time in London.
- Thekla – our lovely boat venue in Bristol, at the very heart of D2D over there.
- dollop – our forward-thinking electronic music promotions division.
- Women In Music – our event addressing the gender imbalance across the music industry.
Now that that’s all cleared up, let’s delve into the details of your data… If you are unsure about anything in this policy or would like any further information from us, please get in touch with us at: email@example.com. Okay, ready? Let’s go!
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION:
- When you buy a ticket to Dot To Dot Festival
- If you sign up to the official Dot To Dot Festival mailing list via our website or social media
- If you respond to a promotion or enter a competition
- If you use our website
- If you contact us directly via email or on the telephone
Please note that if you joined our mailing list by booking a ticket through alt.tickets, for any DHP Family promoted event, or for one of our venues before 25 May 2018, we have a legitimate interest in continuing to send you marketing emails. We have conducted a legitimate interest assessment for this data. You’re able to opt out of these emails at any time by clicking the link on any of our emails or by contacting our data manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WE COLLECT AND WHY:
- Your first and last name – so we can be more personal with you. We’re friendly, so we want to make sure we’re always addressing you appropriately and that you have a nice, personalised experience with us!
- Your address – we don’t know if you’ve heard, but we get around a bit… with our festival travelling between Manchester, Bristol and Nottingham we want to make sure you’re getting the most relevant updates for where you are.
- Your email address – if you’ve opted in to receive our marketing emails, we’ll make sure you receive all the fun things we mentioned earlier. You’ll be the first to hear when our Early Bird tickets go on sale (and you know ours are usually a total bargain!), when we announce the latest artists on the D2D line-up so you can start checking them out, and when we release the ever important set times so you can start planning your day and plotting your route around the city. We’ll also make sure you receive a copy of all the essential information for the day, such as where to exchange your wristband and other FAQs ahead of the festival, and as a D2D fan we know you love new music as much as we do, so we will occasionally let you know about the hottest up and coming artists when they’re playing in your lovely city.
- Your mobile number – so we can hit you up with the latest reminders and information straight to the device in your hand!
- Your birthday and age – we like to know your DOB and age so we get a better understanding of who our audience are and what they might be in to. By signing up to our mailing list or buying a D2D ticket you’re confirming that you’re over 13 years old. If this is not the case please email email@example.com to have your details removed.
- Your IP Address and the type of device you use – like most companies we have Cookies installed on our website so that we can track visitors, unfortunately these are not the tasty treat kind, but a small piece of code inserted into the site’s HTML. We use our Cookies to target online ads about the festival to people who have visited our website. Check out our Cookies policy for more info on this. We can also tell what type of device you use to access our website, which helps us provide the best customer experience for you.
We want to make sure you get all the exciting updates from us that you might be interested in for as long as you are interested, so we’ll hold on to your personal information and contact details for 8 years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be by booking a ticket, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email. As for your IP address and device type, you can clear your Cookies at any point, and there is information on how to do that over on our Cookies policy.
You have loads of rights when it comes to your data, we’ve pulled them all together for you below…
- The right to request what personal information we have on file – if you want to request this from us, you can get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org, please note that it can take us a little while to pull all of this together for you, but we’ll make sure we send it over no later than a month after you ask.
- The right to make sure your information is correct and up to date – if you want to update any of your information, including your marketing preferences, you can email us and we’ll update this within a month.
- The right to ask us to move your data to another company in a safe and secure way – just get in touch and let us know!
If receiving the latest news and updates from Dot To Dot via our marketing emails doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, you can opt out at any time by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any of the emails we send you, or by getting in touch with us directly via email or “snail mail” with your details. Our contact details are listed below and on our Contact Us page. Please be aware that getting you unsubscribed can take up to one month from when we receive your message.
If you want to say “goodbye” to us forever, we’ll obviously miss you immensely but, of course, will respect your decision. We can delete all the data we hold on you and sever all ties, just get in touch with us to let us know and please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
Please note, that when required to do so by law, we may also have to share your information with government agencies or other bodies.
You can get our full contact details on our Contact Page.